:) Wanzi's sMiLEy BLog

Sunday, August 13, 2006

FireWorks Festival Aug 5-12

It has been a long time since I have this kind of fireworks overdose .. the last time was back in 2003 in USA where I watched the fireworks for Independence Day in washington. Back then, the park where I was working also have small fireworks display on fridays, so i get to see fireworks pretty often then ..
Looking at the photos, I begin to miss my summer dreamz 2003..














The fireworks at Marina Bay has been magnificent. But the crowd is huge... so squeezing hasn't been so fun haha ... Ppl waited for hours to get a good spot just to enjoy 15 mins? of fireworks .... But I think if you ask them .. they would say it is worth it .. else how would so many braved the crowd for all the fireworks display? Good things are worth waiting for ...

My first one is by the Singapore Team .. I was late so did not managed to get to the spot where dunlin is waiting with her poncho... However, luckily I was in the same train as my colleagues so we walked together to the esplanade. But partial view is blocked by trees !!! But the fireworks is still pretty good ..











Subsequently, I went on to catch more fireworks shows..

Initial plan for national day is the stay at home to do some cleaning up and perhaps catch the NDP over TV. But after clearing about 50 cm square of my dressing table .. I gave up haa .. I went to catch the fireworks out national stadium on the bridge .. the view there is quite good. I even managed to catch the flypast .. for the first time.











The next one is by New Caledonia... So where is New Caledonia ?!?
New Caledonia is the third largest island in the Pacific Region after Papua New Guinea and New Zealand.Unlike its volcanic neighbors, New Caledonia is a fragment of an ancient continent which drifted away some 250 million years ago. Its flora and fauna evolved in isolation, and are now quite unique: 3500 recorded species of plants, three quarters of which occur only here; 4300 species of land animals, 1000 species of fish, 6500 species of marine invertebrates.



Should be a nice place for diving :) But sure very expensive..





The finale by the French indeed marked a very nice end to the festival!Very generous display of fireworks. I was overwhelmed. The built-up is nice with the choreograhed music ..I did not take any pictures cos i dun think my camera cannot bring out the beauty of it anyway .. so just sit back and enjoy!

Citylink, esplanade, marina square .... been going there so many times for the week!!! Think I want to stay away from there for the time being haaa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home